I’m an hour early for the celebrations this year. May officially turns 2 1/2 tomorrow, but we are celebrating now with her uncle and aunt who are in from Perth, Australia. What better gift for May’s birthday than two more people around to spoil her!
Considering how far May has come, I’m especially excited as to what the next six months will hold since May started with doing more physio and other therapies, and also – fingers crossed – will be starting at a special school in January.
In keeping with previous birthday posts, let’s all celebrate May’s amazing accomplishments!
(Bouncing encouraged, but optional.)
May, when you were born, here is what the doctors definitely knew you would be able to do:
At two and one half years old you can:
– sleep in your big girl bed (but not through the night grrrr)
– enjoy being on your tummy so much you giggle rather than cry
– even prop yourself up on your arms and have a look around
– lift your head up and hold it up in awkward positions
– relax and remain in a side lying position without support
– show the potential to control your hands and arms more
– play independently in your Bumbo or bouncer for 30+ minutes
Happy Birthday May! We love you!