It was a year ago, yesterday, that I posted my first birthday progress report. Even then, I knew May was capable of more than originally thought. At the time, I was desperate to focus on what May could do, as opposed to what she couldn’t. I’m proud of myself. I forced myself to celebrate her accomplishments.
So, in keeping with previous birthday updates, I bring you the 18-month progress report! DRUM ROLL!
May when you were born, here is what the doctors definitely knew you would be able to do:
At a year and a half, you can:
- entertain yourself with sounds you make
- bat toys placed in front of you
- press yourself up when lying on your tummy
- attempt to feed yourself and sometimes succeed (and other times just smother your hair in peanut butter which is also fine, though probably not as satisfying)
- blow raspberries
- stand up from a sitting position holding Mama’s index fingers
- kneel against the arm of the sofa and not fall over, without any support
- grow three new teeth
- bite your Mama and Daddy with those teeth
- hold the phone when your Grandma Bar calls for a chat
Caption Contest! Can you guess what May is saying? Click on a photo to enter.